Do you want to speak Turkish and meet the other Turkish Learners? Now we are on Google Plus to speak Turkish together! Come and join us!

What is ise?

The Turkish word ise can have two different meanings and we usually see it as a suffix -se/-sa.
If it is added a word that has a,ı,o or u as last vowel, we choose -sa, and if it is e,i,ö or ü then we choose -se.

1) Conjunction
It can be used together with the word "eğer" but it is enough just to add -se/-sa

2) Comparison
It builds a comparison and strengthens it.

Conjunction Examples
Bugün markete gidersen ekmek almayı unutma.
If you go to the store today, don't forget to buy bread.

Seni ararsam, mutlaka cevap ver.
If I call you, absolutely answer it.

Öğretmen 5 dakika içinde gelmezse, eve gideceğim.
If the teacher does not come in 5 minutes, then I will go home.

Bu benim evimse, benim kurallarım geçerli.
If this is my house, then I rule. (kural: rule, geçerli: valid)

Comparison Examples
Adam konuşuyor, kadınsa hep susuyordu.
The man was talking but/however the woman was silent.

Ben para biriktirelim diyorum, sense sürekli yeni şeyler satın almak istiyorsun.
I am saying we should save money but you always want to buy new stuff.



*There are also some common words having the suffix -se/-sa like;
oysa, yoksa, öyleyse

Babam mühendis olmamı istedi, 'oysa ben'/'bense' hep öğretmen olmak istemiştim.
My hatfer wanted me to become an engineer, however I always wanted to become a teacher.

Bence taksiye binelim, yoksa geç kalacağız.
I think we should take a taxi, otherwise we will be late.

- Sonunda bir iş buldum! - Finally I found a job!
- Öyleyse bunu kutlamalıyız! - 'Then'/'If so' we should celebrate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yorumun için teşekkür ederiz!

Video Lessons

Find us on Google+