Do you want to speak Turkish and meet the other Turkish Learners? Now we are on Google Plus to speak Turkish together! Come and join us!

benim - my, mine

In this article, you will see some phrases that we can use the word "benim" which is the 30th most common word in Turkish Language.
Some basic phrases:
This is mine. Bu benim.
This is my house. Bu benim evim.
This is me. Bu benim.
That's me. Bu benim.
That is mine. O benim.
I have two kids. Benim iki çocuğum var.

Sample sentences:
Benim arabam daha güzel. My car is nicer. (araba: car)
Benim iki evim var. I have two houses.
Benim gitmem gerek. I have to go.
Benim yanımda otur. Sit next to me.
Benimle konuştu. He talked to me.
Bu benim hatam. This is my fault.
Bu benim eşim. This is my husband/wife.
Benim evim nerede biliyor musun? Do you know where my house is?
Bu benim, senin değil. This is mine, not yours.
Bu benim sorunum. This is my problem.
Benim evimde iki oda var (/Benim evim iki odalı). My house has two rooms. (In my house there are two rooms.)
Benim gördüğümü sen de gördün mü? Have you also seen what I've seen?

Note: As you may have noticed, when we say my house - benim evim and my car - benim arabam, we add different endings. ev-im and araba-m. The reason is that ev ends with a consonant but araba ends with a vowel (a,e,ı,i,o,o,ö,ü). When the consonant is one of these letters p,ç,t,k it also changes into b,c,d,ğ in this order, but only when the word has more than one vowel. (The letter t has exceptions).
examples:
benim kitabım - my book, kitap: book
benim ilacım - my medicine, ilaç: medicine
benim derdim - my concern, dert: concern
benim bardağım - my glass, bardak: glass

benim sütüm - my milk, süt: milk ---> süt is a short word, has only one vowel (ü), so the letter does not change
benim topum - my ball, top: ball
benim kekim - my cake, kek: cake



No comments:

Post a Comment

Yorumun için teşekkür ederiz!

Video Lessons

Find us on Google+